Fine Music for Enquiring Minds
This website was previously owned by David Owen Norris‘s whose varied experience as performer, promoter and commentator in the wide world of music convinced him that Music is best conceived as an activity by which Societies define themselves, rather than an object for passive aural decoration. This Website shows some of the ways in which he presents the ideas behind the music and some fetes that he reached as he pursued music as a career.
More about Norris’ works can be found here on Wikipedia. Currently, I’m repurposing the site to keep his works alive. I managed to grab some information about him as was previously published on this site but do intend to continue adding more content about how he’s revolutionized music.
Ever think of that?
You can access his works by clicking on the various headlines below. Don’t fail to visit the site in future for more insight of his works as well as the musical compositions and works of other personalities who are too flourishing in the musical work.
I have been dreaming of seriously pursuing a professional career in music since I was a child. In the course of this journey, I have been greatly inspired by David Owen Norris, an accomplished British pianist, broadcaster, composer and academic who has been making significant contributions to the music industry for many years. I may not be at his level currently, but am really hoping and praying that my compositions and singing will gain world-wide recognition, just like the case of my idol.
So far, I have managed to achieve tremendous success in compositions as well as singing by following certain guidelines. I still follow these guidelines today. They are as follows:
- Sharpening my talent and believing that there’s a special place for me. I don’t worry much about initially getting rejected by my prospective audience or other stakeholders in the industry.
- Acknowledging the fact that my network is my net worth. I create connections with as many stakeholders as I can because of my strong belief that the main drivers of successful careers in music are talent and valuable relationships.
- Ability and willingness to not only be versatile, but also wear several hats at the initial stages, until my personal brand gains recognition.
- Concentrating in music only, instead of having contingency plans (plans B or C). For instance, am very passionate about dancing, especially since it enables me to achieve significant weight loss.
- Ensuring that am healthy in all aspects; physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. According to experts, these play significant roles in enabling success in music. They also help to keep away dangerous medical conditions such as a puerperal breast abscess.
- Sufficient confidence to dive head-first into my musical career and willingness to take calculated risks.
- Willingness and ability to work extremely hard. It’s important to note that am not pursuing this career so as to run away from doing ‘real work’.
- Having no reservations about living modestly.
- Exercising persistence and patience. I know I must build my career gradually. It isn’t possible to become an overnight success in the music industry.